Sunday 31 October 2010

Clearing out the attic

Like many people who are going to move, especially those who are down-sizing, there is the challenge of sorting through the collection of memories usually housed in the loft.

My loft is crammed with bags and boxes containing things that I haven't seen in years, and emotional reactions to my discoveries are varied. There is far too much that evokes the immediate thought 'what was I/he/she thinking?!'. But much, much more that makes me laugh or cry with the memory attached.

And I have to be ruthless. Although I'm sure I can always store stuff that I can't find it in me to be ruthless about.

I am currently receiving an education in eBay, for which the key seems to be picking and choosing the items most suitable. Once eBay fees and postage are taken into account, many low value items will never sell.

So it looks like I shall have to explore the world of boot fairs in the new year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment