Sunday 3 October 2010

An introduction to Firefly

I love canal boating, much as I love scuba diving and motor racing, and living in a boat on the canals has been a fantasy since I was seven.

But now I am at a point that I want to do it. There are many websites out there giving excellent advice after their own transition, but it seems worthwhile to document my own experiences as I go.

It may be that this project never sees fruition as there are a lot of things to consider and do.

There is no set timescale, and anyone in project management will say that's a mistake, and maybe it will turn out to be. I have in mind summer 2011 or 2012, but that's not set in stone.

Firefly is an arbitrary name and not necessarily to be the name of my boat. It was simply the product of too much beer and an over-active imagination that decided to paint the boat's bum yellow and call it Firefly. Hence the tag.

0 comments:

Post a Comment