Tuesday 9 August 2011

August is the summer holidays of my workplace. Not a whole lot to do, which makes up for the crazy mania of most of the rest of the year.

So there's not a lot to report. Never mind the London riots which have spread around the country from Gillingham to Bristol and from Croydon to Birmingham - I get an elevated view of Brixton on the train, but that's the closest I've been so far. It's good to see the post-disaster community spirit is alive and well, with and on Twitter being used to great effect to get thousands of people on the streets cleaning up.

Speaking of which, predictably social media is being blamed for the riots. Which is rubbish of course - riots have been occurring since the assassination of Julius Caesar, and organised communication has certainly been different, but no less effective. It's people that cause riots.

Anyway, the sum total of accomplishment that I have achieved is painting my hallway. It was a spontaneous decision, and I decided to go for a lighter colour, and a complimentary shade as I can't reach all the way to the ceiling.

I made creative cloud edges to separate the new colour from the old colour. And as it dried, the new colour got darker. And now the colours are so close to identical that I can't see where the old ends and the new begins. Oh well. Still need to paint the ceiling and skirting boards, but the walls look much better.

0 comments:

Post a Comment