Monday 17 January 2011

A colourful week

Dying was the order of the day last week. Brown has really brought up my brown jeans nicely. It also managed to turn a delicate cream jumper into a delicate peach colour, which wasn't intended, but works well. Olive green didn't want to touch a few items, but I do now have a wonderful olive vest tee which was yellow, and a beige handbag that is now an excellent pea green. Terracotta on the other hand very much like dying anything that came within ten feet of it, and several pink items are now a bright terracotta, and a mauve long-sleeved tee is an interestingly warm brownish colour. Mostly successful I think!

On Wednesday points failure on the way home resulted in a twenty minute delay or thereabouts.    We caught up with the train in front at Bromley South, and our driver really did try hard to overtake the other one. We both started off from our platforms at the same time. Have you ever watched train racing? I'm sure it's a popular sport somewhere...

We were actually pulling ahead and and I do have to confess to a moment of concern when the other train started getting closer to us, as both were clearly headed for the same set of rails and neither was slowing down. Until suddenly our guy had to brake and let the other in front. Poohsticks.

Thursday night's train was interesting – standing room only except for one vacant seat next to drunken business man with crate of large Budweiser export, listening to an i-pod. No one would sit next to him – because he was belching and muttering. The seat was on the inside of him, so to sit next to him meant making actual contact/vocal request and no one would do it. So I smiled sweetly and asked if I could and he was a perfectly civilised gentleman, if swaying a little much. Woman standing behind me started bitching about how that seat should have been hers as she was there first (she was), and that some people (me) were clearly trollops with no self respect. Another lady very acidly replied some trollopes with no self-respect had a *seat*. Ho hum!

Chris picked me up in his shiny new Seat Leon on Saturday to go and visit Dilton Marsh. It was a fun weekend, despite the boiler playing up, with much hysteria over Balderdash.

In my quest to digitise everything, I discovered that I need to re-copy all my CDs. I'd ripped all of those a couple of years ago so that they could be loaded onto my MP3 player. But when my PC had its screen replaced, they cleaned it down -I'd said they could, thinking that I could get my music from the MP3 player. No such luck – Sony is far too bureaucratic to allow drag and drop. So I'm having to copy them all again. Fortunately it won't take very long.

0 comments:

Post a Comment