Sunday 6 November 2011

Snxzzzzzzzzzz...

Today I am doing nothing. Lots and lots of nothing. Because I deserve it. So there.

I was in the office for three days this week, so my usual 13+ hour days there (yes, I do count the travelling!) On Wednesday I was in Woking for a top secret meeting that involved sets for studios, including Pinewood.

The plus side was finding out *literally* behind the scenes stuff on Harry Potter, Brad Pitt's new movie, the new Snow White, Jack the Giant Killer and something with a certain Mr Craig starring.

The down side was being on the M20 by 5.20am and getting home at 8pm.

I was a bit early getting to Woking, and was pootling across the roundabouts that someone left lying around, when this enormous great sign popped up, which said 'McLaren'. With absolutely no direction from me, my little car decided that she wanted to go and see what that was all about, and who am I to argue with Ghostie? So we took a wrong turn and got completely lost around an outer car park.

I spotted a couple of McLaren road cars lurking about on roads nearby.

On Thursday I went to an Awards do - something to do with knobs and knockers, and it was excellent and topical for work. But on a personal level, the best part was sports presenter Steve Rider was guest speaker and we got to chatting a teeny bit. He co-presented Formula 1 for ITV in 2006 to 2008 and just got back from the Rugby in New Zealand. Hee!

Yesterday was the Lotus 1000km race at Brands Hatch. It was kind of damp all day, but the Lotus club is really appreciative of marshals and we got fed three meals, although the curry last night, while great tasting, was strong enough to strip paint.

So anyway, today the hoovering and washing can wait.

0 comments:

Post a Comment