Thursday 28 April 2011

I discovered the San Bas Brasserie in Westerham a couple of weeks ago. They served up lovely, lovely food with some interesting combinations. Worth a visit for a good city feel in a quaint village setting.

I have never, ever been to a boot fair, and went to one at Addington, not far up the road from me. It was a lot of fun, with a family atmosphere (including bouncy castle), and somehow very relaxed. There were far too many kids clothes stands, but the bric-a-brac was fascinating. Grotty wigs for £2 each - some people's junk certainly is other people's treasure!
The Chinese Grands Prix was fantastic. All but one car finished, there was loads of overtaking, and while the results were reasonably predictable, they were hard fought for. For my team - Mercedes - , it was a good race, and I was really pleased to see Nico leading some of it, and Schumi battling Teflon. Such a shame that both cars suffered from under-fuelling, or the results could have been a tad different for them.


At work, our Awards website is now up and running, which kind of marks the start of the 2011 awards run-up, even though the 'do' isn't until November.


I went to Tilbury Docks - such a sexy place. But, blast from the past, the pirate Radio Caroline ship - Ross Revenge - was there. She's being restored by volunteers at the moment - I really hope that something interesting and cool is done with her.
   
St George's Day was spent with Mum and Dad at a themed dinner at Blakes in Dover, which was very civilised, with great food in excellent company.

I made it to Easter Monday without acquiring any chocolate (although I did acquire two very nice jackets and a blueberry muffin), so I felt compelled to go to Asda and rectify the matter with a tub of Ben and Jerrys. Well planned I say!

I've had Avatar hanging around for a couple of weeks, and as usual decided that I was going to hate it, for no other reason than the world and his wife kept telling me I was going to love it. And yeah, the world was right and it was a totally fab movie, very ecological, very beautiful and very emotional. I can see why so many people have been affected by it.
Oh! I've got my MSA full track marshall licence today - just in time for my first race weekend of the season this weekend. *happy dance*

Going to TGI in Covent Garden this evening for a friend's birthday so need to go and get tarted up now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment