Sunday 9 December 2007

Short n sweet

Sebaceous cyst was successfully removed. Whilst cutting me open, Doc explained how he would be attempting to remove it in one piece as that would be much cleaner and vastly reduce any chance of another. His long winded explanation f this was curtailed with the exclamation, ‘Ooh, it popped!’ Hum. Only slightly worrying. Ended up with two stitches, the ends of which poked up giving me two tiny blue Marvin the Martian style antennae.

On Sunday, I volunteered to marshal a training dive at Leybourne. This was a tactical error. I should have been diving. I would have been a lot drier. The lake was extremely choppy, with waves reaching tsunami proportion heights of six inches, the storm was enough that I had to sit on the thermos flask to stop it blowing away, and the rain was, uh. Very wet.

Had stitches removed. Lack of antennae resulted in loss of signals from outer space.

Received email from new job to ask me to please not turn up too much before 10.30 on Monday. Fab. Like this job already!

Friday was my last day divorcing people. Not that I actually did a lot of that on Friday. Mostly I spent time getting rid of all my pictures from my computer, and deleting all the saved games of spider solitaire.

Until I got surprised by my ladies, with a bottle of pink champagne and Belgian chocolates. *beam*

After consuming those, we left work early. I had cunningly planned the company xmas party for Friday also. Isn’t coincidence a wonderful thing? So, went home to tart up and trotted off to The Old Oast. We were loud. And maybe a bit drunk. Or a lot drunk. Charles said some lovely things. And I got a bunch of flowers (white lilies and roses; my favourite!), a blue planet DVD box set and two gorgeous diving coffee table books.

Slept through hangover.

Cleaned house and put up decorations. Slightly concerned by sleepy wasp that had curled up for his winter sleep in the tinsel. Finished off with the blandest Indian Takeaway I have ever had.

Hum. So that’s that. End of an era, start of a new.

0 comments:

Post a Comment